Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day 2010




It is Christmas morning! A cold 29 degrees at my house,the sun is coming up and its going to be a beautiful day. Its a little different than the past Christmas days for me.We had our family celebration last night with the children,grandchildren and extended family at our home. We have always in the past done this on Christmas Day,so this Christmas Day I am actually home alone, Jim offered to work this morning so others could be home with their family today,since we had ours here on Christmas Eve. I am actually enjoying this time, reflecting on the wonderful time we had last night,watching the excitement on the faces of my Grandchildren as they opened gifts and the delight of others as they ate their favorite foods I prepared with each of them in mind. I am also remembering the past Christmas mornings and those family members who are not with us but in Heaven on this Christmas Day and looking forward to all the CHRISTmas Days in the future to celebrate the birth of our Saviour and enjoy with all our loved ones. Merry CHRISTmas everyone!

5 comments:

  1. A very Merry Christmas to you! I'm home alone today too as we do our family gathering tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Elizabeth to you and yours. Your home looks so festive and lovely. We did our Christmas on Christmas eve as always and now I get to enjoy Christmas day alone also and its nice. How kind of your husband to let another family enjoy Christmas I'm sure the recipeant was more then grateful. Hugs, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post and what a lovely family! I can't believe you had some snow flakes in Florida! Wow! Linda

    ReplyDelete