Monday, July 13, 2015

Everything will be alright !

It has been almost 4 months since I was diagnosed with diabetes. It has been the most difficult time of my life. I had never really been sick before and I was so sick! The combination of the meds, strict diet, fear and depression really hit me hard but the past few days I have turned the corner. I have my energy back, I am eating more, for so long I was afraid to eat and lost too much weight too fast, for the first time I cooked a big meal for my family, even made a banana pudding! I also went out to a new restaurant and was able to eat like everyone else and enjoy it! Also I felt well enough to go for a new hair cut and pedicure this weekend. I now know that everything will be alright! Thanks to everyone for the prayers, encouragement, emails,messages and cards!

10 comments:

  1. Great news for sure ! I'm so glad to hear things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Every newly-diagnosed diabetic should read it. So glad that you are doing well and feeling better! Here's to living a good life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you could have said that about the Hair-do and we boys would have known all is well. (LOL)

    But it is good to read the GREAT report, especially the banana pudding! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing so well now. I too am now diabetic being diagnosed a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pedicure is my answer to all life's battles. I've been a diabetic since I was 40 -- low before that. It's hard until you get it all figured out. So happy you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have everything under control now. Good to hear. A little pampering is better than medicine sometime. Take care.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth, I'm so glad things are looking up. It is so hard when something different happens to your life, and you have to figure out a new way to live. But, it looks like you have done that and I'm so happy for you..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad things are turning in a positive direction for you. We had a family member recently diagnosed as diabetic. Acceptance, new diet and medicine have been big adjustments for him. That's great you are able to enjoy food again.
    Take care ~Nora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad things are turning in a positive direction for you. We had a family member recently diagnosed as diabetic. Acceptance, new diet and medicine have been big adjustments for him. That's great you are able to enjoy food again.
    Take care ~Nora

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a big transition after diagnosis of chronic illness. Glad you are feeling better able to cope after 'turning the corner'. :-) wishing you positivity and better health with good management.

    ReplyDelete