Saturday, January 23, 2010

Virtual Dinner Party


My friend,another Elizabeth, is having a dinner party at "sweet nostalgia" and everyone is invited to join in so go check it out,but hurry its tonight!

On my menu is:
Smothered Swiss Steak with
mashed potatoes
Broiled parmesan tomatoes
Green salad with creamy
garlic dressing
Chocolate cake with
chocolate frosting
coffee
sweet tea



Recipe for Smothered Swiss steak

6 (4 ounce) cube steak
1/2 cup flour
1/2 t. salt
1 T. black pepper
5 T. veg. oil
1 onion (sliced)
1 green pepper (sliced)
1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes

sprinkle salt and pepper on steak,dredge steaks in flour,brown steaks in oil,
add onoion and green pepper and tomatoes,cover and cook over low heat for 1 hr.stirring often.

I love cooking for my family and friends, new recipes as well, as old treasured ones.
I love setting my table with different dishes from my new Royal Dalton Country roses to my 1960 fireking I am using tonight.

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty table Elizabeth! I suppose I am too late for the party, I was busy watching skating last night and then I just zzz out! Your recipe sounds quite yummy! I will check out the link! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOps...missed the party but will give the recipe to Frank to try as he is the cook in our house. Your table setting is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks wonderful and tasty! :) And Elizabeth, I just wanted to drop by and thank you, again, for your sweet and encouraging comments at my blog. I appreciate them and you so much! Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH, I missed it too...stayed with my 92 year ole Aunt for the weekend...sure miss her cooking. But this sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete