Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16, 2009

Well it only got down to 28 last night at my home in North Florida. We were expecting it to go lower,but thats o.k.
I was concerned about my pink azaleas that have been blooming for several weeks,the weather was so warm they thought it was spring and bloomed early. My husband put the water sprinkler
on some scrub oaks to make icicles for the grandchildren, they love that . He has done that since the oldest one was about 2 years old,he is 11 now. When they know a cold snap is coming they always ask for an ice tree. Simple pleasures for us who live where we do not get ice and snow.
I hope everyone was safe and warm last night, I know that in the north, what is a simple pleasure for us, can be very dangerous.
Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Elizabeth, thank you for stopping by my blog.
    Yes, I do believe NC is a beautiful state. I love living in the mountains.
    It was down to 5* here on my porch.
    I love that your husband does that for the children.
    Hope your day is a blessed one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog....come on up to the mountains ...it was 2* this morning.....being a south FL girl...it was a shock...but, the suns out,the dogs are barking at birds.....and i'm inside warm and quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by. I am new to blogging also and it is so much fun. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Thanks for entering my giveaway I will count you 3 times!! WOO HOO. Good Luck.
    Lorri

    ReplyDelete