Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter decorating and cooking !







Today I am blessed to have my Grandaughter here helping me get ready for Easter, we have been decorating and cooking this morning and will be cooking most of the day. We have made my chocolate cake,that my grandsons love. Brittney decorated it with little jelly beans to look like Easter eggs. We also made a Strawberry pound cake that we will be making a Strawberry shortcake trifle with. We are about to start mixing the dressing,so it will be ready to slip in the oven in the morning. Chicken is deboned,celery and onion chopped,cornbread baking. I love doing things for my family,cooking holiday meals with everyones favorites is a joy.Hope everyone has a Blessed Easter!

7 comments:

  1. I'm getting ready here today for our family celebration, but sadly I don't have one of my granddaughters to help. How wonderful that you do. Getting ready for a celebration always seems half the fun to me. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elizabeth, you are having too much fun! Wow, your granddaughter is very blessed to have a grandmother like you. And oh! Thank-you so very much for the lovely card in the mail! That was such a wonderful surprise and very much needed and appreciated during this difficult week I just went through. I do thank you so much. Have a wonderful Easter! Hugs, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky family :) It is good to see you are passing down the joy of cooking and preparing family meals to your grandaughter. Have a blessed Easter day with your loved one's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could cook like you, alas I missed that gene hah! Your home looks festive and lovely. Such memories you are making for everyone. Have a blessed Easter to Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great loving post. Happy Easter to you and your family Elizabeth.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Elizabeth,
    What a pretty little helper you have there! Your goodies sound so yummy! Lots of pretty teacups too. You should link up with me and share them with everyone. Have a lovely week and thank you for visiting today.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great that you had help!! The preparation is part of the fun, the best part about being the hostess is eating the left overs!! Belated Happy Easter!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete