Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mt. Dora antique and boat festival

We took a day trip to historic Mt. Dora saturday to the annual antique and boat festival.We usually go from thursday- sunday,but had decided not to go this year,with everything that was happening. Friday night Jim said "how about we get up at 2:00 in the morning and go just for the day"
I said yes,lets do that!
We arrived about 8:00 a.m. Just as it was getting set up. We shopped ,had breakfast,shopped more,had lunch at my favorite English Tea Room.it was wonderful,as I sat there looking out the window over the beautiful garden sipping tea and eating finger sandwiches with my husband I could not help but think,It doesn't get much better than this.


I know he would have rather been at the boat festival all day but he spent all morning doing what he knew I loved. So after lunch we headed over to the boats and spent the afternoon on the lake. It was what we both needed.

Here are some of the boats that were at the boat show.






And these two pictures are my treasures that I purchased at the antique show.



The first picture is an aluminum canister set




And the next is a picture of a milk glass bowl and platter, two cake plates and a depression glass platter.

8 comments:

  1. That aluminum canister set brings back childhood memories. Going to have to ask Mom is she still has hers. I started out with five-quart ice cream buckets and just stuck with them. Seems to match my "homestead" decor rather well. LOL Glad you had a good trip. Sounds like a lot of fun. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day to me. I like the goodies you got. The car boat reminded me of the one we had when I was a young girl. Oh it was like a miricle to my eyes. When my father first took us out onto the water I was scared to death because I did not believe a car could do that. You brought back a lovely memory to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LizBeth,
    I have always loved the aluminum kitchenware,I found a cakeplate and lid recently and was really delighted when I found the complete set of cannisters.Thanks for your comments
    Elizabeth

    Pearl,
    There were several of those car boats at the festival this year. I have not rode in one yet.
    The water was much to rough for me this year.
    Glad you enjoyed the picture.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I sure have a lot in common. I gave a cake plate just like the one you bought. I just recently bought mine also. I stored mine on the bottom of our everyday plates so I can reach it easily and use it often. I don't always need a fancy footed cake plate for just hubby and I. The boats were really cool at the show, looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the car boat! Glad you had such a fun day. It does the soul good. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds. Glad you had an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetheart to spend the morning doing YOUR thing! I was tickled to see the car boat. I haven't seen one of those in years.

    I used to live in Eustis and one of my favourite things was a day in Mt. Dora.

    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,
    Looks like a great day! Oh my, I would love to be out on a boat right now. I'm having weather envy. LOL, Cindy

    ReplyDelete